- Download 21
- File Size 460.16 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 2, 2022
- Last Updated August 2, 2022
Jessie’s Board Members – Directors
We are once again looking for eager volunteers to join the Jessie’s Centre Board of Directors
The Jessie’s Board plays an important role in overseeing and guiding Jessie’s Centre strategy and financials, as well as ensuring we maintain our status as a charitable organization. And just as the Centre operates within a pro-choice, feminist, anti-oppressive model embedded in the social determinants of health framework, so does the Board.
A major priority for this year’s recruitment is to find a new Board Treasurer, someone with a strong grasp of budgets and spreadsheets, with a preference for CPAs. If this applies to you or someone you know, please be in touch!
We’re also especially looking to recruit passionate and vocal new members with the following qualities:
- ● Graduates of Jessie’s Centre/Lived Experience being a Young Parent
- ● Lawyer w/ Landlord Tenant Board Experience
- ● Social Work or Subsidized Housing experienceAnd we’re looking for new board members who are interested in leadership roles, either as committee chairs or executive roles (Secretary, Vice-Chair, and eventually, Board Chair).
If you’re looking for a new way to get involved with Jessie’s and to support our community, please consider applying to be a Board member! Or if it’s not for you, please consider sharing our Volunteer Toronto posting through your networks: tinyurl.com/JessiesBoard2022
In an effort to represent the communities we serve, we encourage applications from candidates of all ages and abilities, all gender identities and sexual orientations, those who identify as Indigenous, Black, people of colour, as well as people with lived experience in poverty, mental health, or disability.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest to email@example.com about what skills or perspectives you would add to the group. Posted until July 31, 2022.
Position Description – Director
The Jessie’s Board is dynamic, collaborative, and impactful. This is a great opportunity for people interested in an active and fulfilling volunteer role in the community.
Directors serve a four-year term. Board meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month, from 6:30-8pm. New directors will join 1-2 committees (also meeting monthly), with the opportunity to chair committees starting in their second year. Committees include Human Resources, Social Housing, Governance and Nominating, Strategic Planning, Finance, and Development)
The average volunteer time commitment is less than 10 hours per month.
Duties and Responsibilities
Directors are expected to:
- Work with the Executive Director and other board members to develop and implement Jessie’s strategic plan
- Approve Jessie’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions as well as be informed of, and meet all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Attend and participate in monthly Board meetings (as well as those of relevant Jessie’s committees); Prepare and review agenda and supporting materials prior to meetings
- Attend Jessie’s Annual General Meeting
- Support and participate in Jessie’s fundraising events
- Participate in trainings on anti-discrimination, access, and equity
- Keep informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, and programs
- Serve as ambassador for Jessie’s, representing the organization to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure commitment to a diverse board that reflects the communities that Jessie’s servesFor the Treasurer, specific responsibilities include:
- Chairing the Finance Committee. Serving as Treasurer for Jessie’s Homes Board.
- Overseeing the budgeting and auditing processes, including presenting the financialstatements at the Annual General Meeting
- Having signing authority for approving certain financial documents and expenses.If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org